Architectural Technician – Bedford | £30,000 – £40,000
Architectural Technician with extensive experience in the residential sector? Looking for a role with a successful practice home to a team of 40+ employees? We are looking for an experienced Architectural Technician to join one of the region’s leading architectural practices that specialise in the residential sector and offer services to major housing developers across the UK. Developments range in scale and will offer the right candidate a diverse portfolio of projects to be involved with.
With multiple UK offices, you will be a part of a growing Bedford office that hosts a talented team of construction professionals.
The business prides themselves on their overreaching vision and is proud to have numerous awards over the last few years, from best large housebuilder to private development of the year, they have been recognised for excellent work across the country.
Your responsibilities as the Architectural Technician:
What’s required from the Architectural Technician:
- Production of detailed design drawings for planning applications, presentations for public exhibitions, and project designs
- Production of detailed construction and building regulation drawings
- Carrying out site feasibility studies
- Production of access statements
- Liaising with planning and technical managers
- Attend team meetings, site visits, and meetings with other consultants/contractors
- Relevant Architectural Technology degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign advantageous
- Exceptional administrative skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work alone and within a team
- Be self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Strong design skills in both traditional and contemporary Architecture
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations would be advantageous
- Experience of working with a housing/property developer preferred but not essential
- Proficiency/familiarity in Autodesk Revit – preferred but not essential
- Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
The company are offering a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package which includes some outstanding perks;
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- 24 days + additional days in reward for consistent service (increasing with years of service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Life assurance + medical health insurance
To apply for this role, get in touch on 01392 357565 or apply through this website.
We have various Architecture roles available in Bedfordshire and surrounding areas and would be happy to discuss these with you.